Experia ray st18,sk17 bootloader unlocking-rooting-flashing step by step NOTE ABOUT INSTRUCTIONS :
1. If you decide to go through these steps please, note that you will loose DRM* forever!
2. Your warranty is invalid after unlocking the bootloader.
3. You may end up bricking your phone. Please be careful!
4. And if you want to use seus for updates, please refer to (D)
5. You can skip part A and B only if you have unlocked the bootloader on your phone and if your phone is already on SE Stock FW: 4.0.A.2.368.
*You won't be able to use TrackID and facebook like won't work on media! (A)Unlocking Bootloader Download:
1. Fast boot package
2. 32/64bit drivers Steps:
1. Go to: To unlock the boot loader of your phone | unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com
. At the bottom click 'Continue' and enter your IMEI (type *#06# to find out), name and email address.
2. You should now receive your unique unlock key. Note this down.
3. Extract fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.rar and open fastboot folder from Download 1.
4. Hold SHIFT and right click on the background of the folder
5. Select 'Open command window here'
6. Connect your phone in S1 Fastboot mode (turn phone off, hold [volume up] button and plug in USB Cable to the computer.) Make sure that the blue LED is on after plugging-in!
7. Now windows ask you to locate the drivers. Locate and install the drivers from download 2.
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
in the command prompt from step 5, and verify that you get a response back (for example "0.3"). This means your phone is connected properly.
9. Type in
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY
and replace KEY with the key provided in step 2 and wait.
10. And voila!!! Your device should now be bootloader unlocked! (B) Flashing SE FW: 4.0.A.2.368 Download:
1. Flash tool
2. SE Stock FW: 4.0.A.2.368 Steps:
1. Install the flash tool from download 1 and go to FlashTool_0.2.9.1\drivers\
2. Install ggsetup-220.127.116.11 which will install the drivers for flashing.
3. Now copy the firmware from download 2 and place it in FlashTool_0.2.9.1\firmware\
4. Now launch X10FlashTool.exe and click on the Flash button
5. Select the firmware and click ok and now on-screen instructions for plugging in your phone will pop-up.
6. Connect your phone in S1Boot Download mode (turn phone off, hold [volume down] button and plug in USB Cable to the computer.) .Make sure that the green LED is on after plugging-in!
7. Before you enter S1Boot Download mode make sure unknown sources and usb debugging is checked from application settings of your phone.
8. And now wait; go have a beer or something. When it says flashing finished, unplug your phone and boot.
9. And now you have successfully flashed SE Stock FW: 4.0.A.2.368 on your phone. (C) Rooting: Download:
2. Kernel Custom Steps:
1. Power down phone.
2. Perform steps 3-6 from (A) Unlocking Bootloader.
3. Copy the boot.img from download 1 and place in same folder as fastboot.exe
4. Now in the command prompt type
fastboot flash boot boot.img
5. Verify that u get [ OK ] at end of flashing
6. Disconnect USB cable
7. Power on phone
8. When the OS boots up make sure that "Unknown sources" & "USB Debugging" is enabled
9. Connect device via USB cable to PC
10. Start SuperOneClick app on PC from download 1, click on Root.
11. This is it, the moment of truth!!!! You've now successfully rooted your phone... (D) Relocking: Download :
1. Xperia Relock bootloader.ftf
2. Use flashtool from (B) Flashing SE FW: 4.0.A.2.368 Steps:
1. Follow the complete steps of (B) Flashing SE FW: 4.0.A.2.368 and flash the firmware on to your phone.
2. Now power down the phone and get into S1Download mode(Refer (B) for details).
3.Now flash the Xperia Relock bootloader.ftf on to your phone using flash tool as you did in (B).
4. To verify if bootloader is unlocked or not, as updated by jtdc
-> Get into Service mode. Dial *#*#7378423#*#*
-> Click Service info
-> Click Configuration
-> Check the rooting status.
If bootloader UNLOCKED, it says
Bootloader unlocked: Yes
If bootloader STILL LOCKED, it says
Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes
5. Viola phone's bootloder is relocked and you can use SEUS These steps are followed from blagus. Thanks to him now you can relock the bootloader Note: All the credit goes to awesome people on XDA and especially DoomLord who made this possible!