07-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Thanked 611 Times in 370 Posts
| | Samsung i8910 Omnia HD disassembly
: Phillips screwdriver, plastic tool such as a guitar plectrum or credit card.
- Remove your back cover, battery, sim and memory card.
- Run something like a credit card around the join of the camera cover in order to release it.
- With the camera cover removed your phone should look like below. Now remove the six screws you can see, circled below.
- Now wedge your plastic tool into the recess at the top of the phone, as shown below, and lever the battery compartment. It should release without much force.
- With the battery compartment removed your phone should look like below. Two screws, circled at the top of the photo, need to be removed. Two ribbon connectors, circled at the bottom of the phone, need to be disconnected. Each attaches like a plug and socket. Just lever them up to unplug. Now, starting near the bottom of the phone, lift the circuit board up and gently pull it back, away from the rest of the phone.
- With the circuit board removed your phone should look like below. Note that a ribbon and connector, circled near the top of the photo, will disconnect when you remove the circuit board. Remember o reconnect this when you put the phone back together. Next remove the two screws circled at the bottom of the phone. Once you have removed the screws, lever out the speaker module. The keypad will then become loose.
- With the speaker module and keypad removed your phone will look like below.
- Another ribbon needs to be disconnected. This one is different from previous ribbons. To release the orange ribbon flick the black latch up and pull it away from its socket. Also remove the two screws you can see, circled below.
- Now carefully slide you credit card all the way around the edge of the touch screen. It's held in place with double sided tape. Do not apply force to the touch screen as it will break.
- With the touch screen removed your phone will look like below.
- To release the LCD screen, turn the phone over and push the orange part. This will lift the screen out just enough for you to slide your credit card underneath it.
- The LCD screen is held in place with double sided tape. To remove it carefully slide your credit card all the way under the screen, starting from the right side (there is a ribbon on the left side which you could damage). Do not try and force the screen or it will break.
- You should now have the LCD screen removed. Reverse the whole procedure for reassembly.