Nokia has announced a new flagship smartphone, the Lumia 925, featuring a metal design and showcasing the latest PureView camera innovation. The Nokia Lumia 925 includes the most advanced lens technology and next generation imaging software to capture clearer, sharper pictures and video, including the best low light images. The Nokia Lumia 925 also introduces the new Nokia Smart Camera mode, coming as an update to all Lumia Windows Phone 8 smartphones. Nokia Smart Camera offers an easy way to capture ten images at once and edit the pictures with options like Best Shot, Action Shot, and Motion Focus for creating the perfect high quality image.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0iCu9JrWhwwThe Nokia Lumia 925 introduces metal for the first time to the Nokia Lumia range, bringing appeal and unique benefits like increased robustness. The polycarbonate back comes in white, grey or black. A wireless charging cover can be clipped onto the back of the phone to take advantage of Nokia's extensive wireless charging accessories and ecosystem. Covers, sold separately, come in white, black, yellow, and red.
Nokia also announced Hipstamatic's new app, Oggl
, will arrive on Nokia Lumia smartphones. Features:
● Operating system: Windows Phone 8
● HERE location and mapping services: Free global HERE Maps and HERE Drive+; Free HERE Transit available in the Store
● Display: 4.5" AMOLED WXGA (1280x768), 2.25 D sculpted Gorilla 2 Glass, ClearBlack, High Brightness Mode, Sunlight Readability, Super Sensitive Touch for glove and nail usage
● Battery: 2000 mAh battery, Wireless Charging supported via an accessory cover
● Processor: 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon
● Main camera: PureView 8.7 MP with Optical Image Stabilization, Autofocus, short pulse high power dual LED flash, most advanced lens technology, 1080p HD video at 30fps with Optical Image Stabilization. Includes Nokia Smart Camera mode.
● Front facing camera: 1.2 MP wide angle
● Memory: 1GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory; 7 GB free SkyDrive cloud storage
The Nokia Lumia 925 is being introduced into Europe with Vodafone and will be introduced into the US by T-Mobile and into China by China Mobile and China Unicom. Sales are expected to start in the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain and China in June, followed by the US and a number of other markets. The Nokia Lumia 925 will be priced around 469 EUR before taxes and subsidies.